Міжнародна неприбуткова організація Management Sciences for Health Inc., яка впроваджує в Україні проект «Безпечні, доступні та ефективні лікарські засоби для українців»(SAFEMed) за фінансової підтримки USAID, шукає висококваліфікованого фахівця на посаду Старшого Радника з моніторингу, оцінки та навчання (МОН)
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Senior Advisor reports directly into the Chief of Party (COP) and will be responsible for all aspects of the monitoring and reporting system, active management of project performance, continuous improvement and learning to drive timely adjustment of project implementation.
The MEL Senior Advisor will track and monitor progress toward achievement of key results as agreed in the annual work plan and report back to the COP. The incumbent will lead the project’s effort towards collaboration with national players with a view to enhance knowledge and access to best practices across key stakeholders, adequate use of quality data to inform supply chain performance management and timely decision making. The incumbent will stimulate and support innovation under SAFEMed through operational research and ensure that the program produces and disseminates high-quality knowledge, tools and lessons learned through routine monitoring and evaluation and implementation experience.
This positionʼs responsibilities are highly cross-functional and will support all work streams.
Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) — 30%
- Ensure that SAFEMed takes a systematic and deliberate approach to CLA, whereby the project continuously learns from its implementation based on evidence, critically reviews SAFEMed and Ukraine pharmaceutical and supply chain performance, identifies corrective actions or required changes, and assesses whether changes yield expected results.
- Develop and support the implementation of a learning and documentation plan that guides continuous project learning.
- Ensure that the CLA approach includes identifying national and international best practices, sharing them effectively internally and externally, and fostering concrete opportunities to implement and leverage them in Ukraine in coordination with other teams within the SAFEMed project teams and with national stakeholders.
- Maintain and fine tune a streamlined system for tracking project annual implementation deliverables, establishing on-going mechanisms to support project to pause and reflect on learnings, key challenges, and necessary course corrections.
- Identify and formulate evaluation and program audit findings, lessons learned from evaluations and studies to be integrated into broader MSH knowledge management.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other USAID funded projects, government agencies, NGOs, and other organizations on monitoring and evaluation issues; keep abreast of latest development and professional norms, standards, tools and methodologies.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting — 30%
- Oversee the implementation of the SAFEMed Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Plan and subsequent updates as necessary and ensure timely and accurate reporting to the project leadership and USAID.
- Lead the regular quarterly and annual reporting of the MEL Plan indicators that contributes to the required project reporting cycle.
- Support project performance management by actively contributing and advising the rest of the project through regular performance assessment, including analysis of the MEL Plan indicators and other project indicators, understanding of challenges and identification of corrective action.
- Develop and refine M&E Frameworks. Ensure that SAFEMed’s components have results-based annual work plans with indicators, baselines and targets, established as outcome, output and intervention levels.
- Establish and coordinate effective mechanisms of monitoring the SAFEMed program implementation, including development of evaluation tools and processes.
Data use — 20%
- Develop and implement a strategy to enhance use of data across the pharmaceutical and supply chain systems that combines increasing awareness and understanding of the power of data among government, implementing partner, and project partners’ counterparts, providing technical leadership in data analysis, and raising confidence in the data by improving its quality and simplifying its access and analysis.
- Provide on-going technical support and capacity building to project technical teams and project counterparts in state-of-the-art data use, creation of data-rich presentations and technical and project reports.
Operational research — 10%
- Support the implementation of innovations and identification of best practices through small research studies and assessment of pilots.
Member of the management team — 10%
- As a member of the project leadership team, the Senior MEL Advisor will take part in supporting the COP in defining and adapting project strategies and supporting its successful implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Masterʼs degree preferred.
- At least 10 years working in health development and /or system strengthening projects in low and middle income settings.
- Fluent in English, Ukrainian
- Prior experience working on a USAID funded project required.
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Experience in survey design and development.
- Prior experience working on pharmaceutical and supply chain systems a plus.
- Experience implementing M&E key principles and designing operational research studies desired. Mastering data analysis/use and evidence based decision making.
- Experience and track records setting project and/or initiatives objectives/targets, monitoring performance and driving improvements.
- Experience building capacity in the use of data / data quality.
- Experience and track records working in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience in ‘Learning’, preferably as per USAID-CLA approach.
- Experience managing projects, initiatives, and matrixed teams
- Results driven and high level of attention to details
- Strategic mindset
- Excellent data-rich presentation skills, oral and written communication
- Strong teamwork orientation and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency using Excel and familiarity with DHIS2
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
Interested candidates may apply directly to MSH web site using the link: https://www.myworkday.com/msh/d/inst/15$158872/9925$2706.htmld or send their motivation letter and CVs to SAFEMed corporate mailbox: [email protected]
The vacancy is valid till filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Recommendations letters will be considered as an advantage.